We’re back … with Back in Black 2. You’re invited to join Best Friends in this nationwide adoption event, held May 1–31, to help find homes for black dogs and cats.
Click here to sign up to participate in Back in Black 2
Last year, No More Homeless Pets Network (NMHP Network) partners found homes for more than 900 animals as a result of the first Back in Black promotion, and this year we hope even more pets will be adopted!
NEW! Five participating groups will be randomly selected to receive a $1,500 marketing grant to help market their Back in Black 2 adoption event to promote their black dogs and cats!
Don’t miss out on the chance to be part of this very special opportunity to put your adoptable black dogs and cats in the spotlight and help them find homes!
"Thanks so much for organizing this nationwide effort. It started a lot of conversations/education about black cats in our community. It is great for a small shelter like ours to be part of a nationwide effort with Best Friends."— King Street Cats
April 15 Sign up Deadline
- The deadline to sign up for the event is April 15.
- To participate in Back in Black 2, you must be an approved No More Homeless Pets Network partner before Friday March 30. Our application and approval process takes two or three weeks. If you are not already a NMHP Network partner, please learn more about program requirements and apply here.
- Reducing adoption fees is optional, but highly encouraged as reducing rates will bring in more adopters to help find homes for your pets. Although you may choose to reduce adoption rates, your adoption policies and standards remain the same.
- To tally our collective success, we require participating groups to provide the total number of black animals adopted out during May.
What Participating Groups Receive
- NEW! Marketing grants: Five participating groups will be randomly selected to receive a $1,500 marketing grant to help market their Back in Black 2 adoption event to promote their black dogs and cats!
- Marketing and promotional materials: Best Friends will provide materials such as web and banner graphics, a press release template, YouTube video and more. Our publicity materials will feature Agent D and Agent C, back to change the future for pets in black everywhere.
- National advertising: Best Friends will advertise the event on the Best Friends website and in its e-newsletter and magazine, getting the word out to hundreds of thousands of supporters. Links will be provided to your special event on the Best Friends website.
- Volunteers: Need volunteers to take photos, put up flyers, and help on the days of your event? We’ll notify Best Friends volunteers in your area and they will contact you directly if they are able to help.
- Photography tips: Best Friends will provide tips and tricks on how to take outstanding photos of your pets.
"The event matched us up with a great photographer and started a relationship with him and our shelter — very valuable! And now we have good pictures of nearly all of our black cats." — Safe Haven for Animals
"This was also a very educational program. I cannot tell you the number of people who commented that they were surprised that black animals were so ‘under’ adopted. This brought a great sense of awareness to our community that was not there before." — Mendocino Coast Humane Society