“9 Lives for $9” National Cat Adoption Event June 21-30, 2013
Back by popular demand! Over 1,200 cats found loving homes during this promotion in 2012.
Kitten season is here, which means more cats to find homes for. We’re here to help!
Year after year, rescue organizations and shelters report a huge increase in cat adoptions when they take part in our reduced adoption fee promotions. Please join us this year for “9 Lives for $9!” This event runs June 21 through June 30 and features your adoptable cats 9 months and older for $9.
Get a $2,000 marketing grant!
Sign up by May 15 and your organization will be eligible to be awarded a marketing grant of $2,000 to be used to promote your adoptable cats during the 9 Lives for $9 promotion! Groups will be notified by May 19.
Your organization must be an approved Network partner or NKLA/Best Friends-Utah coalition member in order to participate.
Best Friends will help you promote the adoption drive. Plus:
Participating groups who submit their post-event survey with adoption results will be eligible for thousands in prize money!
Marketing and promotional materials: Best Friends will provide approved campaign materials that partners are required to use, such as Web and social media graphics, marketing collateral (posters, flyers), a press release template, and more.
National advertising: Best Friends will advertise the event on our website, in our e-newsletter and Best Friends magazine to promote cat adoption to hundreds of thousands of supporters.
Having trouble convincing your board or volunteers about the value of reduced-fee adoption promotions? We’ve put together this resource to help you talk to your board and your volunteers.
But wait, there's more!
Sign up by May 31 and your organization could be the lucky recipient of $500 in prize money from Best Friends!*
Participation requirements: Final deadline to sign up is June 7!
- Your organization must be an approved No More Homeless Pets Network partner by the 9 Lives for $9 sign-up deadline of June 7 in order to participate in this event. If you are not yet a Network partner, please click here to apply first. Our application and approval process takes two to three weeks.
- Participating in this promotion is contingent on your group sending your 2012 comprehensive intake and outcome report. For more information on this requirement, please click here. If you are an NKLA or No More Homeless Pets in Utah coalition member, submission of these statistics will be verified as required by your coalition.
- Network partners who received a marketing grant in 2012 will not be eligible to receive a marketing grant this year but are eligible to receive other incentive prize money from Best Friends.
- Network partners who receive a marketing grant for this promotion will not be eligible to receive other incentive prize money from Best Friends.
- *Network partners must submit their 9 Lives for $9 post-event survey with adoption results in order to receive prize money.
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com
For 9 days last November, 106 groups across 40 states nationwide participated in our 9 Lives for $9 cat adoption promotion! Over 1,200 cats found loving, forever homes! Click here to read the full story.
"Our adoptions of cats over 9 months tripled over the same time period last year!" -Windham County Humane Society
"9 Lives for $9 was a fun promotion that gave us the opportunity to reach more adopters. The event brought the volunteers together and added to shelter moral. The 9 lives for $9 PSA's we announced on several radio stations and talk shows giving all of Animal Aid's programs exposure. Thank you Best Friends for your inspiration and support! Count us in next year!!" -Animal Aid, Inc
Thanks to our generous sponsor!