Strut Your Mutt is the Best Friends’ biggest annual fundraising event for our Network partners, culminating in a full day of community dog walking and festival activities in 12 cities.
Not only does Strut Your Mutt raise awareness about saving the lives of homeless pets — it also provides local rescue groups and shelters, like you, with a huge opportunity to raise much-needed funds. In 2014, enthusiastic strutters raised nearly $2.2 million, including more than $1.6 million for 251 participating Network partner teams nationwide.See what makes these events so special here.
Network partners apply to participate and once they are approved, are responsible for setting up their team fundraising page. We provide fundraising guidance and support throughout the months leading up to the events, including a variety of free marketing materials that may be customized to reflect each individual organization’s information. All of the money raised stays with your local organization to help pets in your community*.
To see the dates and locations for the 2015 Strut Your Mutt events, click here. Note that the events will begin a bit later in September than they have in the past. Watch for an email or check back on this website for an official announcement about when you can apply to participate for 2015.
*minus applicable fees
A first in 2014 – We awarded six cash grand prizes to some very deserving Network partner teams. One went to each of the top three Network partner teams raising the most money in each live Strut Your Mutt event. Another prize went to each of the top three Network partner teams raising the most money in the virtual Strut Your Mutt Challenge.
Live event teams:
Virtual Strut Your Mutt Challenge teams:
Click here for more details on the Grand Prize Contest!
Lucky Dog Animal Rescue has participated in Strut Your Mutt for the past two years in the Baltimore/Washington, D.C., area. According to Lynn Heun, volunteer adoption coordinator:
“Strut Your Mutt provides a unique (and fun!) opportunity to get our volunteers together and work as a team to ask our community to show support for our rescue efforts. Best Friends has been so generous in allowing all registration fees and funds we raise to come right back into our local community, and to the communities of all participating Network partners. Between the last two years, we've now raised about $25,000 that we wouldn't have had an opportunity to support our pups with if we didn't take part in Strut Your Mutt. We can't wait to come back for year number three!”
Think it sounds too good to be true? Click here to read more strut success stories from rescues and shelters, including a cat rescue that raised over $29,000!
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Planning to participate? Here are some additional details that were required of groups to participate in 2014:
- You must be an approved No More Homeless Pets Network partner or a member of the NKLA or Utah Coalitions in order to participate in Strut Your Mutt.
- All currently approved Network partners must be current through December 2013 with their statistics in the data matrix. Click here to learn how to report your stats. Not sure if you are eligible? Contact our Network data coordinator, Nikki Kelley, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are an NKLA or Utah Coalition member, submission of these statistics will be verified as required by your coalition.
- Applications will be accepted through July 14, as the final deadline to have a fundraising page up for your Network partner team is July 15.
- If your organization is not currently a No More Homeless Pets Network partner, you must apply to become a partner no later than June 15 in order to be considered for participation in Strut Your Mutt. Click here for more information on applying for the Network. The application and approval process can take several weeks, so apply as soon as possible!
- After Strut Your Mutt is complete, you will also need to submit the post event survey, which we will provide to you at the conclusion of Strut Your Mutt. This survey asks for your feedback on Strut Your Mutt, including the fundraising campaign, and if participating in a live event, your team's experience with the event.