Strut Your Mutt is the biggest annual fundraising event that Best Friends hosts for our Network partners, culminating in a full day of community dog walking and festival activities in 12 cities for all animal lovers.
Best Friends' Strut Your Mutt® not only raises awareness about saving the lives of homeless pets; it provides local rescue groups and shelters, like you, with a huge opportunity to raise much-needed funds. In 2014, enthusiastic strutters raised nearly $2.2 million, including over id="mce_marker".6 million for 251 participating Network partner teams nationwide.
Learn more about what happens at the Strut Your Mutt events here. Network partners must apply first to participate, and are responsible for setting up their team fundraising page once they are approved to participate. We provide fundraising guidance and support throughout the months leading up to the events, including a variety of free marketing materials that you can customize to reflect your own organization’s information.
To see the dates and locations for the 2015 Strut Your Mutt events, click here. Note that the events will begin a bit later in September than they have in the past. Watch for an email or check back on this website for an official announcement on when you can apply to participate in the 2015 events.
New for 2014! Six Grand Prizes were awarded to some very deserving Network partner teams: one each for the top three Network partner teams that raised the most money participating in a live Strut Your Mutt event; and one each for the top three Network partner teams that raised the most money participating in the virtual Strut Your Mutt Challenge.
Live event teams:
Virtual Strut Your Mutt Challenge teams:
Click here for more details on the Grand Prize Contest!
Lucky Dog Animal Rescue has participated in Strut Your Mutt for the past two years in the Baltimore/Washington, D.C., area. According to Lynn Heun, volunteer adoption coordinator:
“Strut Your Mutt provides a unique (and fun!) opportunity to get our volunteers together and work as a team to ask our community to show support for our rescue efforts. Best Friends has been so generous in allowing all registration fees and funds we raise to come right back into our local community, and to the communities of all participating Network partners. Between the last two years, we've now raised about $25,000 that we wouldn't have had an opportunity to support our pups with if we didn't take part in Strut Your Mutt. We can't wait to come back for year number three!”
Think it sounds too good to be true? Click here to read more strut success stories from rescues and shelters, including a cat rescue that raised over $29,000!
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Planning to participate? Here are some additional details that were required of groups to participate in 2014:
- You must be an approved No More Homeless Pets Network partner or a member of the NKLA or Utah Coalitions in order to participate in Strut Your Mutt.
- All currently approved Network partners must be current through December 2013 with their statistics in the data matrix. Click here to learn how to report your stats. Not sure if you are eligible? Contact our Network data coordinator, Nikki Kelley, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are an NKLA or Utah Coalition member, submission of these statistics will be verified as required by your coalition.
- Applications will be accepted through July 14, as the final deadline to have a fundraising page up for your Network partner team is July 15.
- If your organization is not currently a No More Homeless Pets Network partner, you must apply to become a partner no later than June 15 in order to be considered for participation in Strut Your Mutt. Click here for more information on applying for the Network. The application and approval process can take several weeks, so apply as soon as possible!
- After Strut Your Mutt is complete, you will also need to submit the post event survey, which we will provide to you at the conclusion of Strut Your Mutt. This survey asks for your feedback on Strut Your Mutt, including the fundraising campaign, and if participating in a live event, your team's experience with the event.