Strut Your Mutt is Best Friends’ biggest annual fundraising event for our Network partners, culminating in a full day of community dog walking and festival activities in 12 cities.
Not only does Strut Your Mutt raise awareness about saving the lives of homeless pets — it also provides local rescue groups and shelters, like you, with a huge opportunity to raise much-needed funds. In 2014, enthusiastic strutters raised nearly $2.2 million, including more than $1.6 million for 251 participating Network partner teams nationwide.See what makes these events so special here.
Network partners apply to participate and once they are approved, are responsible for setting up their team fundraising page. We provide fundraising guidance and support throughout the months leading up to the events, including a variety of free marketing materials that may be customized to reflect each individual organization’s information. All of the money raised stays with your local organization to help pets in your community*.
To see the dates and locations for the 2015 Strut Your Mutt events, click here. Note that the events will begin a bit later in September than they have in the past. The application to participate in the 2015 Strut Your Mutt events will open March 17, and fundraising begins May 4.
*minus applicable fees
Rescuzilla Animal Rescue of NYC has participated in Strut Your Mutt for the past two years in NYC. According to Carolina Leon- Duarte, Vice-President:
“Strut Your Mutt is such a great opportunity to not only raise funds, but more importantly, to engage supporters and create new ones for your organization. It's also a nice day to have fun and enjoy all your hard work with your volunteers, adopters, and donors.”
Think it sounds too good to be true? Click here to read a strut success story from a community cat trap-neuter-return organization that raised over $11,000 through Austin Strut Your Mutt!
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Planning to participate? Here are some additional details that were required of groups to participate in 2014:
- You must be an approved No More Homeless Pets Network partner or a member of the NKLA or Utah Coalitions in order to participate in Strut Your Mutt.
- All currently approved Network partners must be current through December 2014 with their statistics in the data matrix. Click here to learn how to report your stats. Not sure if you are eligible? Contact our Network program coordinator, Jen Schrolucke, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are an NKLA or Utah Coalition member, submission of these statistics will be verified as required by your coalition.
- Applications will be accepted through August 31, as the final deadline to have a fundraising page up for your Network partner team is September 1.
- If your organization is not currently a No More Homeless Pets Network partner, you must apply to become a partner no later than August 1 in order to be considered for participation in Strut Your Mutt. Click here for more information on applying for the Network. The application and approval process can take several weeks, so apply as soon as possible!
- After Strut Your Mutt is complete, you will also need to submit the post event survey, which we will provide to you at the conclusion of Strut Your Mutt. This survey asks for your feedback on Strut Your Mutt, including the fundraising campaign, and if participating in a live event, your team's experience with the event.